Sometimes, you quote Mumford



Love it will not betray you
Dismay or enslave you, it will set you free
 Be more like the man you were made to be

There is a design, an alignment, a cry
 Of my heart to see
The beauty of love as it was made to be

                                                     -Mumford & Sons


My husband got me the first Mumford & Sons album for my birthday. Or, as it is now known at our house, the "new" Mumford & Sons. The old one is their second album, because we got it first. Both are favourites of both my speaking children, which means I hear the words of Mumford several times a day. So far, I don't mind a bit - probably because he writes stuff like this. It's such a fitting lyric for this time of year, with its journey back to Pascha and Paradise: "the beauty of love as it was made to be."

Walk strong, my friends.

Comments

  1. I love those lyrics very much. My other favorites are:
    "And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
    And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
    Get over your hill and see what you find there,
    With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mumford has such a satisfying way of ending an album, doesn't he?

      My favourite from "Babel":

      "Do not let this fickle flesh go to waste
      As it keeps my heart and soul in its place
      and I will love with urgency but not with haste"

      Solid gold :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Those little notifications make my day :)

Popular Posts